Read Me!

HELLO

Friday, January 28, 2011

Happiness

I watched Goldie Hawn on the Oprah show talk about Happiness the other day and although I have known that I was not happy for awhile now I didn't really know why. A few of the main things the show said about being happy was that happy people have connections with family, co-workers, and neighbors. That your daily commute to and from work is short, and that you spend at least 3 hours each day talking to people.
I am not the complaining type and usually I'm very positive but this is what I've known for a long time...my job at work is very isolating. I work in a beautiful private office, but I have little to no interaction with other people every day for 8 hours a day!


At home my loving and wonderful husband is gone M-F for his job which is out of town. My 22yr. old daughter who lives at home is not around that much and she has her own life. I don't know my neighbors, I have no other family here in Michigan, and life is too short. I'm getting depressed about all of this and I need to make some changes.


What kinds of jobs would be better for me? I thought of going back into the food and beverage business but I don't want to stand on my feet all day. Teaching art would be great for me but where do you find students?
Then it hit me, why not become a nanny? I love children, and I'm very kind and loving, I like teaching and children love art. So maybe it would be considered a set back from the corporate world but who am I trying to impress (No one). All I need to is be happy and appreciated and get paid a reasonable amount of money for the job and heaven knows The Jewish Community Center doesn't pay that well!!!


So that's what I'm thinking about these days.

3 comments:

Janell said...

I stumbled upon your blog and read your entry on happiness really seemed familiar. I have recently been in the same situation. Lonely and looking at changing life. =) I'm looking forward to seeing more of your blog as well as what continues to change in your life!

smockturtle said...

Hi Edie nice to meet you. I stumbled on your blog by accident and empathise with your feelings as i to have been finding happiness a bit elusive. Getting it off my chest definitely helped me see it a little clearer, would love to know what you think here http://smockturtle.blogspot.com/ I feel we may have a little in common as I too have an interest in Theatre and sometimes can be quite creative in a grass hopper mind kind of way. Will definitely visit you again.

renelli said...

All I can say is things got better!