Read Me!

HELLO

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Teaching Altered Books








I have taught several different groups on how to make an Altered Book. Last summer I held a week long workshop at my house for four students. We worked on our books in the morning and then took a break and swam in the pool, had lunch, and then went back to the books in the afternoon. This worked out really well. I forgot to take pictures of the process when it was happening. I really have to remember to take more photos while I am teaching. Then I had one private student who I worked with for several months on the weekends. His name was Eli Zucker. His book I did get pictures of while he was making it,I am going to share some of his pictures with you here and hopefully it will inspire you to make your own personal creation from an old discarded book. The results are really wonderful, and the books become a keepsake.



No comments: