Read Me!

HELLO

Saturday, March 15, 2008

What is My Purpose?







I don't know about anyone else but much of the time I feel like I am wasting my talents as an artist because I am not doing it full time. I'd just love to be able to dedicate my time to making new art and teaching. I love to teach and I'm very good at it too. At least all my students in the past have told me I am "The Best"! I'm very, very patient and that along with being able to explain things well is naturally a big help, but mostly I love to see other people get that look... you know the one you get when you have made something with your own hands. You step back and get that look of "I made this" It's the best feeling.

In my art club awhile ago I taught a PMC workshop. Everyone that came loved the material, the immediate gratification and the process. Some people have continued to come back for more club meetings, while others only came for that one PMC lesson. One of my students who has continued with us is Sue Screws... and yes she says "I really had to love my husband to take on this name"! Sue is a Polymer Clay Artist, and she does beautiful work. We as a group decided to try some Polymer Clay projects and Sue offered to teach. So last week we did some transfer techniques. We wanted to be able to use the clay transfers in the pages of our Altered Books. In the end they did work out but it was a bit tricky at first. Anyway, it was so nice of Sue to step up and lead this month's meeting. Here are some pictures of our group and one piece of finished PMC that actually belongs to Sue. Also, another picture of Audrey's Booklace from a previous club get together.
As I said I'd love to teach but I am not sure how to get one of those jobs that fly's you to another city for a big art retreat, or workshop. When I wanted to find other artists to meet with (on this side of my town) I had to start my own group, maybe I should start my own retreat? I could set up my own workshop and advertise it, who knows maybe some big name people might even come to it.... I'll have to give this some more thought. I'm patient, and organized, and I know people that would help me, I have a venue available to me, hummm... I just have to get off from work!

2 comments:

Lauren Ferguson said...

Hey girl,

If that is what you want to do, give me a call at home and I will give you the info of how my life changed in the past two years.

I promise to tell it all and let you pick and choose what you like about it and what you dont.

love ya like cooked food,
Lauren

Lauren Ferguson said...

I awarded you the "You Make My Day" award.

Check out my blog at www.everythingaltered.com for more info and to capture your award! :)

Lauren