Read Me!

HELLO

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Altered Books, Which Type is Your Favorite?

I have put some examples of Altered Books that I have made on this blog entry.





When I first started making "Altered Books" they were books that told a story. Then after I made a few of those I started playing around with metal books. I taught myself how to make the hinges, and metal framework for the covers. Lately I've been making book sculptures. Taking a book and making it into a piece of art, where the book doesn't actually open because the pages are glued shut.




Do you have a favorite style of Altered Book?


The type that tells a story, the kind that just have beautiful artwork in them, Fabric Books, Metal, or Sculptures? Leave me a message and let me know what type you like best!

These were
created for
Altered Arts Magazine!

3 comments:

kat said...

i like altered books that tell a story. art tells a story but the marriage of art and books are favorites of mine. there is nothing like opening a book and discovering the story inside.

Linda Golden said...

I love the books that are sculptural...more of an art object that way. The blog looks great!

Linda Golden

~marilyn said...

The ones that include a variety of artwork most appeal to me, with or without a story. I especially love books with things to discover, such as tags and other goodies in pockets, etc.

www.FunkyPeacockStudio.blogspot.com