Read Me!

HELLO

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Empty Nesting is lonely

Well, today my daughter Madison drove off, down the street on her way to travel to her new home. North Dakota is a long way from Michigan and although her best girlfriend (Alex) is there North Dakota doesn't hold much appeal for me or anyone else I know. Madison needed to leave home and learn how to be more independent but this is just a bit much...not to mention in the middle of nowhere, but it was her decision and even though I don't like it I am supporting her. In the back of my mind I secretly hope Madison will only be out there for a few months and then decide to come back home, it gets really cold in the winter, and how much fun can 60 degrees below zero be?

My home will be neater, cleaner, but also quite and lonely, I think I might break down and get another kitten. I miss her already and it just dawned on me this morning that none of my kids are ever going to live in the same town that I live in. I've always wanted to have all my children live close to me so we could have big family dinners and spend holidays together, but that was just a dream that I now know will only remain a fairytale in my own heart. When all my family gets together the reality is it's never that much fun anyway but I would still like to work on it...now it's not even a dream for me. People are busy, life goes on and before you know it another year has passed.

I think I might get a new kitten!
Shalom, till next time.

No comments: