Read Me!

HELLO

Saturday, June 28, 2008

New position on the ISABA board, Edie is the new VP of Education



I am proud to say that I will be working towards promoting the Altered Books Movement by posting online classes and tips which you can see on the web site for The International Society of Altered Book Artists. If you are not a member yet, then you should be! It's a non profit organization that does a great job.
Altering books has been such a wonderful experience for me. I have been able to work through emotional battles by making a book to express all the pent up feelings I was having and not able to share with anyone. When I've been happy I have made a special book just for those feelings and painted pictures in the pages of those books. When I thought my marriage was just about over a few years ago, I made a book that portrayed all my doubts and fears... believe it or not that book really helped me to sort things out. What I realized was this " What you hear yourself say inside your head becomes truth for you" So if you let yourself think that your husband is not a good guy, or that he doesn't really listen to you, then that is what actually becomes your truth.

So, creating these kind of books has really helped me to be a better person, a happy person, and a much better artist too.

If you are a book artist please send me a picture of your work, maybe I can feature you in our online pages.

Hugs to you,
Edie

No comments: